Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Take Me To The Hospital

Get Well Sooooonnn (I am trying)

Hello. I am writing this from my Magical Sofa of Recovery. This weeks post has been slightly delayed as on Monday I had to go into hostipal (hospital) to have an operation.

Don't worry or anything, it wasn't anything life threatening, it was just a simple key-hole procedure to remove my gall bladder. My gall bladder was naughty and didn't work properly. That's not what I wanted, that's not who I was. So it had to go. (If you can guess the film reference, I officially love you). Yes, readers, that is the way I roll. If you don't work for me, you get culled. Because, after all, don't I deserve love? And jewelry?

I call this Early Morning Canula (brought to you by my iPhone)

Kidding. Kind of. Anyway, even though it was a straight forward, fairly common procedure, it was the first time I have ever had to go into hospital, and certainly the first time I have ever had to deal with the scary scary crazy world of general anaesthetic.

However, despite my extreme nerves, the op all went well, and I am now on the road to recovery. A bit sore, but I have lots of pain meds that I like as they make me all sleepy.

(A la Homer Simpson) Bed goes up, bed goes down; bed goes up, bed goes down

I should be back to normal-ish in about 10 days, and aim to use the time that I am not sleeping doing lots of knitting/crafty things from the aforementioned Magical Sofa, so hopefully I should have lots to show you for my period of convalescence!

Until then however, please enjoy the following chooons from my hospital playlist:

I sang this constantly all weekend:



And of course, no playlist is complete without a bit of Dave Grohl (le sigh):



P.S. Big thank you to all the staff at the Annie Zunz ward at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital. They do an awesome job :o)

9 comments:

C.Chico said...

feel better! xo

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon.
Greetings from Berlin-Germany!

Soren Lorensen said...

it was the view out of my bedroom window, which actually looks on to a main road with four lanes.

fingers crossed for your recovery and sprightly good health in the not too distant future

Syed said...

Hope your recovery goes smoothly dear and that you're up and about again in no time :) I got rather jealous yesterday when the doctor gave the lady next to me the option between the mask to go to sleep or via a canula. I would go for the mask every time!

Baybay Mama said...

Darling feel better:)
I have such a crush on Dave Grohl...such a sexy beast.

PinkBow said...

get well soon!!! xoxo

jules said...

Get better lady!

Amber said...

Oh man, naughty gall bladder! Hope you're feeling much better. BTW can you please send me your address? I have badges for you! xx

Syed said...

Hope you're recovering well and feeling lots lots better :)