Monday, January 05, 2009

Oh, Nine? ...Back to Work Thank Yous!

Crafty

So, I took a brief hiatus over the festive period. I mean, I think I deserved it, what with all the baking and the job-searching and the interviewing. And the eventual rewards that were reaped (a job, people... I got a job, in case you forgot!). So I had a lovely Christmas and an awesome New Year just chillaxing, maxing, relaxing all cool with friends and family.

And now it's back to work. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new mother-humping year... and it's January. And January... means one thing: Thank you cards!!


The aggressively named 'make!' by Cath Kidston

My lovely friend Holly had helpfully gifted me the new Cath Kidston craft book Make! for Christmas. As she knew that I was all about the crafting, having recently got into knitting (now that Christmas is over, and all my secret Christmas knitting projects are complete, I am now able to blog about my new favourite thing to do! Expect a post all about it very soon!).

It was all I needed for inspiration for actually MAKING my OWN Thank You cards this year.

I gathered up a bunch of old Christmas and birthday cards, and used the patterns given in the book to trace and transfer to make my own cards.

It was really easy and fun to do and I did four cards in one afternoon. Luckily, four is all I needed!

I need a manicure...

All that's left for me to do now is to write them, address them and send them off!

8 comments:

Daisy said...

making your own thankyou cards sounds fun ! What a fun present from your friend!

Anonymous said...

Hey lj, c'est moi, your lovely friend Holly. Wow I'm glad you're putting the book to good use. You're oh so crafty right now! Much love x

Little Lj said...

Daisy: Thanks! Yeah it was fun, and I highly recommend the book, there's lots more projects I want to try!

Hollyyy: I love your face twelve times yes? Keep an eye out for the post. Rumour has it one of those cards is Croytown bound!

Audrey Leighton said...

hey,

your chanel quote was one of the five.

send me your email so we can organize where I am sending it etc.

be excitedd lol

frassy love xxx

Baybay Mama said...

I really need that book!

Little Lj said...

Dooder City: Yes! Get it, it's awesome! So much pretty stuff I want to make!

karl's sweet child said...

love those cards!!

Little Lj said...

karl's sweet child: Thank you! I hope my next project will be even better!