Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Reason to Celebrate

Champagne and Christmas Rocky Road

So I've been busy these past few weeks. A lot of that has been to do with Christmas. And another large part of that has been to do with my new hobby: knitting (more on that coming very soon).

But the most important factor in my busy-ness (not business, thats something different) is the fact that since I got back from New York, I have been looking for the perfect job in London town, to start my next big adventure.

*droooooooool*

And this afternoon, just after putting my attempt at Christmas Rocky Road in the fridge to set, I got a phone call, offering me a job that I interviewed for a couple of days ago in London.  

I had interviewed for this job, and I felt it had gone well, but I didn't dare get my hopes up in case it was for nothing, as had happened so many times since September.  But at the same time, there was something about the job, it seemed so perfect, and so what I wanted to do, with just the right company, for a great starting salary. I wanted it so badly, but I didn't let myself believe yet.

And then the phone call came.

I couldn't have chosen a better day to make the Rocky Road, as it goes so well with the bottle of champagne I have been saving for a couple of years for a special occasion.

Coin in the cork for good luck

Best Christmas present ever! I'm so happy! 

4 comments:

WendyB said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

The coin tradition passes to the next generation!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Little Lj said...

To All: Thank you! I'm really pleased!