Monday, April 07, 2008

Birthday Fun (aka When Holly Came To Stay - Part II)

I don't know what I was expecting. I was turning 23, no big milestone. I was 3000 miles from home. I was surrounded by people I'd only known 6 months (and Holly). I guess you could say, I wasn't expecting much.

Instead I got cards:


I got presents. From home, from Holly, from housemates:

I got to eat fish and chips for the first time in six months:

This place, does the only authentic fish and chips in NYC.  Holly had not been so deprived of such patriotic culinary delights for as long as I had, so even though it wasn't quite the same as back home (note unsure expression on Holly's face)...


...it was good enough for me (note ecstatic expression on my face):


And, I got to go out and have a great time at Cafe Wha? with my friends. Holly, was obviously there (I tried to get her to stay home, but she insisted haha):

And amongst others, my lovely housemates Jez and Lia were also there:

And finally, I got to pose in front of a camera:


For someone who wasn't expecting a lot, I had a fantastic birthday despite being so far from home. Thank you to everyone who made it possible!

x

No comments: